Monday 21 January 2013

We're all just kids pretending to be what we think adults should be.

So in the U.K this week we've had a lot of strange stuff falling from the sky. Sites like Facebook and Twitter have reliably informed me that this is called 'snow' or possibly 'OMG snow!!!' as I often see it referred to as.

It has become apparent that people either hate going out in snow, or are unable to go put in snow...or so they tell me. Thing is, my Sherlock like detective skills tell me that this is clearly untrue.

Yes my friends, this is the second story recently that starts with me standing at work.

So I was working very hard, as I always do because I'm practically perfect in every single way.

Stop laughing. 

Suddenly, a wild customer appeared. She embarked on a rant about how she hated the snow, how she desperately didn't want to come out in it...but she just had to so she could get her shopping.    She was buying just one item: Gingerbread men. Granted, they are tasty...but by no means essential. So this whole not wanting to go out in the snow thing? A blantent lie.

During the course of that one day I had a few customers say the same sort of thing to me about the snow...here is a list of some of the 'essentials' these people brought:

Gingerbread men
Fruit pastels
A singular bottle of cider
A lottery ticket for a weeks time
A bunch of bannana's
and a cuddly toy.

I am aware that sounds like a reference to 'The Generation Game' but seriously, someone did buy what they considered an 'essential' cuddly toy. It's so weird I can't even be annoyed.

If you don't want to go out in the snow, don't go out in the snow. If you do want to go out in the snow, don't pretend that you don't, we're all just kids pretending to be what we think adults should be.

Now go make snowmen.

Is it just our country that's this weird or is it a global thing?

Thank you

Iain jb

No comments:

Post a Comment