Wednesday 23 January 2013

The many sides of me

So depending on the situation i'm in, i'll find myself speaking differently to how I might normally speak. I imagine this is true for most people on some level. As a quick experiment for me to waste time before my lecture...here are some of the many sides of me.



Me:

Hi, me here...this is just a quick test to look at how the way I speak changes depending on the situation i'm in. Should be fun.

'Telephone Voice' Me:

Hello, Iain speaking. Just a quick call to make you aware of this test i'm conducting. It revolves around how my speech changes to reflect the the situations i'm currently in. I'm pretty sure it will be quite enjoyable to complete.

Me with friends:

You alright? Hey, did I tell you about this stupid test thing I'm doing? Basically I'm just looking at how I type and speak differently in different situations. I know right? Dull.


Way too much sugar Me:

YAAA! Yeah, it's really cool, i'm going to like, err, do a test yeah? It's gonna be so coooool!! It's all about speaking differently in different situations and it's gonna be aweeesssommmee!!! I wonder if I can moonwalk? *tries to moonwalk*   *fails to moonwalk*  NOOO I can't moonwalk....What was I saying, oh yeah! Cool test! Gonna be fun!

Presenting at Uni Me:

Hi, can you all hear me at the back? I just want to make you aware of this exciting new test. The test itself has been devised with great care and consideration and I feel answers many long standing, unanswered questions in it's field. Taking influence from many famous historical figures, the test aims to determine how much I change when speaking in different situations. I'm hoping to achieve a clear distinction between the segments of speech, which would, for me, be considered as a positive outcome.


6am Me:

Sshhhhh. It's a test thing, now shut up. Five more minutessssszzz...



Well. I'd say that was a successful test.

Thank you

Iain jb  (x6)

No comments:

Post a Comment